Junior Program Information – 2019 Season
The Junior Spring Season runs from April to June each year for children ages 7 to 18.
Our U9 Development Program is open to girls and boys and consists of one session per week with no league games although it may be possible to arrange some friendly inter squad games this season.
Our U11 through U18 girl’s teams will have 1-2 practices per week plus one weekend game (U10 players play in the U11 division).
Out-of-district players (non-Richmond residents) are always welcome if space is available.
- Online Registration opens for:
- Returning Players on November 24, 2018
- General Public on December 2, 2018
- Online Registration opens for:
- Registration will remain open until mid March 2019
- RFHC Registration Fee:
- Early Bird fee: U9 – $75, U11-U18 – $175
- Regular fee (January 2, 2019): U9 – $100, U11-U18 $200
- Age: Girls born between the years 2001 to 2012 / Boys born between the years of 2010 to 2012 are eligible to play in 2019
- Season: The season starts late March and will run until the late June. *Schedule to be determined
- U11-U18 (2009-2001) teams practice twice per week and one game on either Saturday or Sunday.
- U9 (2010-2012) have one weekday session per week
- Refunds: Refunds will be provided up to March 16, 2019 subject to a $25 administration fee. After March 16, 2019, refunds will only be given for medical reasons and must be accompanied by a physician's note.
- **We do not issue refunds for FHBC Membership fees. Please contact FHBC directly.**
- Registration inquiries can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Field Hockey BC Membership: Every field hockey player, coach and official is required to hold a valid membership ahead of the season. FHBC fee is additional to RFHC registration fee. Registering or renewing a player membership has now been incorporated into our online registration.
If you would like to register for the spring season, please follow the REGISTER tab in the top menu bar.
Current Teams - 2019 Season
- U9 Development Program (b. 2010-2012 girls & boys)
- U11 Kingfishers (b. 2009 & 2008 girls)
- U12 Sparrows (b. 2007 girls)
- U13 Owls (b. 2006 girls)
- U14 Ravens (b. 2005 girls)
- U15 Sandpipers (b. 2004 girls)
- U16 Flickers (b. 2003 girls)
- U17 Woodpeckers (b. 2002 girls)
- U18 Herons (b. 2001 girls)
*Program Information – 2019 Season *
The Junior Spring Season runs from March to June each year for children ages 7 to 18. Our U9 Development Program is open to girls and boys and consists of one session per week (no league games). Our U11 through U18 girls teams will have two practices per week plus one weekend game (U10 players play in the U11 division). Out-of-district players (non-Richmond residents) are always welcome if space is available.
If you are interested in coaching any of the above teams, please email email@example.com
Uniform and Equipment Information
All players require a stick, ball, mouth guard, shin pads and suitable footwear (turf shoes or runners). Please note that soccer boots with multi-studs or blades are not permitted at some of the away games played on water-based turf. The U11-U18 junior uniform consists of a white and green RFHC jersey with a black skort (for girls) and dark green socks. Approximate cost is $36 for skort, $39 for Jersey and $8 for socks. Please note that one pair of socks is included in all U11-U18 junior players’ registration fees.
The U9’s uniform for 2019 will be a t-shirt with the RFHC logo. This is included in the registration fee. We will also offer loaner field hockey sticks for the kids to use for the season.
Our Practices and Home Games are held at Minoru 2 Artificial Turf. Please see the address below:
Minoru 2 AT Field
6820 Gilbert Road
Location: East of Gilbert Road between Granville Ave and Westminster Hwy.
Schedule - 2019 Season
ALL PRACTICES AND HOME GAMES TAKE PLACE AT THE MINORU ARTIFICIAL TURF 2 (AT2).
Practices start week of TBD and will consist of two practice sessions
The Greater Vancouver Junior Field Hockey League (GVJFHL) traditionally schedules games on the following days OR on the set days as follows:
- U11, U12, U14 & U16 on Saturdays
- U13, U15, U17 & U18 on Sundays
CLICK HERE to go to the GVJFHL website for the most up to date game schedules
Schedules are subject to field availability so please be prepared to play on the opposite day.
PO Box 26602, Blundell Centre
Richmond, BC V7C 5M9
General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org