Junior Program Information – 2018/2019 Season
The Junior Spring Season runs from April to June each year for children ages 7 to 18. Our U9 Development Program is open to girls and boys and consists of one session per week with no league games although it may be possible to arrange some friendly inter squad games this season. Our U11 through U18 girl’s teams will have one practice per week plus one weekend game (U10 players play in the U11 division). Out-of-district players (non-Richmond residents) are always welcome if space is available.
- Online Registration opens on January 4, 2018 and will close prior to the start of the spring season. Register early! The early registration discount ends on January 31st, 2018.
- RFHC Registration Fee: U9 – $75, U11-U18 – $150. AFTER JANUARY 31 – U9 – $100, U11-U18 $175
- U9 REFER A FRIEND SPECIAL - valid on U9 registrations until March 4th
- Registration inquiries can be sent to: email@example.com.
- Age: Girls born between the years 2000 to 2011 / Boys born between the years of 2007 to 2011 are eligible to play in 2018.
- Season: The season starts late March, (first games are April 7/8 weekend) and will run until the June 23/24 weekend. U11-U18 (2008-2000) teams practice once per week and a game on either Saturday or Sunday. U9 (2009-2011) have one weekday session per week.
- Field Hockey BC Membership: Every field hockey player, coach and official is required to register ahead of participation in 2018/2019.
If you would like to register for the spring season, please follow the REGISTER tab in the top menu bar.
Current Teams - 2018 Season *Once team reaches maximum players will be waitlisted***
- U9 Development Program (b. 2009-2011 girls & boys) *ask us about our U9 REFER A FRIEND SPECIAL - valid on registrations until March 4th*
- U11 Sparrows (b. 2008 & 2007 girls) 4 SPOTS left
- U12 Owls (b. 2006 girls) 2 SPOTS left
- U13 Ravens (b. 2005 girls) 1 SPOT Left
- U14 Sandpipers (b. 2004 girls) 4 SPOTS left
- U15 Flickers (b. 2003 girls) **FULL** contact Registrar to be added to waitlist**
- U16 Woodpeckers (b. 2002 girls) 4 SPOTS Left
- U17/U18 Eagles (b. 2000 & 2001 girls) *Full* contact Registrar to be added to waitlist
*Program Information – 2018 Season *
The Junior Spring Season runs from April to June each year for children ages 7 to 18. Our U9 Development Program is open to girls and boys and consists of one session per week (no league games). Our U11 through U18 girls teams will have one practice per week plus one weekend game (U10 players play in the U11 division). Out-of-district players (non-Richmond residents) are always welcome if space is available. Additionally like we started last year we are offering a 6 week skills development session called the Stellars Jay with Nick & Poonam Sandhu on Thursday evenings. the cost is covered by the Club.
If you are interested in coaching any of the above teams, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Uniform and Equipment Information
All players require a stick, ball, mouth guard, shin pads and suitable footwear (turf shoes or runners). Please note that soccer boots with multi-studs or blades are not permitted at some of the away games played on water-based turf. The U11-U18 junior uniform consists of a white and green RFHC jersey with a black skort (for girls) and dark green socks (approximate cost is $75). One pair of socks is included in all U11-U18 junior players’ registration fees.
The U9’s uniform for 2018 will be a t-shirt with the RFHC logo. This is included in the registration fee. We will also offer loaner field hockey sticks for the kids to use for the season.
Our Practices and Home Games are held at Minoru 2 Artificial Turf. Please see the address below:
Minoru 2 AT Field
6820 Gilbert Road
Location: East of Gilbert Road between Granville Ave and Westminster Hwy.
Schedule - 2018 Season
ALL PRACTICES AND HOME GAMES TAKE PLACE AT THE MINORU ARTIFICIAL TURF 2 (AT2).
Practices start week of April 3, 2018 and will consist of one practice session and one skill based development session per week.
- 6:00 - 7:30PM U11 Sparrows
- 6:00 - 7:30PM U12 Owls
- 7:30 - 9:00PM U18 Eagles
- 5:30 - 7:00PM U14 Sandpipers
- 6:00 - 7:30PM U13 Ravens
- 6:30 - 8:00PM U15 Flickers
- 5:30 - 6:40PM U9 Development (second session pending)
- 7:30 - 9:00PM U17 Woodpeckers
- 5:30 - 6:40 U9PM Development
Stellar’s Jay Sessions (April 12 to May 17)
- Session 1 - 6:00pm to 7:20pm (U9 to U12)
- Session 2 - 7:30 pm to 9:00pm (U13 to U18)
The Greater Vancouver Junior Field Hockey League (GVJFHL) traditionally schedules games on the following days OR on the set days as follows:
- U11, U12, U14 & U16 on Saturdays
- U13, U15, U17 & U18 on Sundays
CLICK HERE to go to the GVJFHL website for the most up to date game schedules
Schedules are subject to field availability so please be prepared to play on the opposite day.
PO Box 26602, Blundell Centre
Richmond, BC V7C 5M9
General Inquiries: email@example.com