The Canadian Paediatric Society recommends that anyone involved in child and youth sport should be educated about the signs and symptoms of concussion and the appropriate management of a child with a concussion.
Any concerns pertaining to concussions, injuries or other medical conditions should seek medical attention at the nearest hospital or follow up with a family physician.
RICHMOND GENERAL HOSPITAL - link to map: https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/''/RICHMOND+GENERAL+HOSPITALemail@example.com,-123.216976,12z/data=!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x54860ace7830e19b:0xda0bfc9b63353459!2m2!1d-123.1469364!2d49.1686899
Field Hockey BC plays an important role in providing essential services to our membership and up to date information for anyone interested in becoming involved with the sport of field hockey. These services include the provision of support, management and opportunity at a number of progressive levels for athletes, officials, and coaches alike.
RFHC Coaches/Volunteers who made application in 2014 will be required to resubmit their application after 5 years. Valid CRR applications can be shared with the RFHC through the following link
Every field hockey player, coach and official is required to register ahead of participation prior to the start of the Spring and Fall season. Each member will be required to pay membership fees for BOTH Field Hockey BC (FHBC) and Field Hockey Canada (FHC) unless otherwise stated.
- All individual memberships will involve an online registration process via the RFHC website. This will take care of both FHBC/FHC fees and RFHC registration.
- Refer to FHBC website for Membership information
- Members only need register in ONE category
Code of Conduct
Coaches, Team Managers, Officials
We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour in the game.
The 2016 Spring and Summer Season in particular saw standards of behaviour fall below
This included the abuse of match officials and the unacceptable behaviour of over competitive parents, spectators and coaches on the sideline.
Play your part and observe the RESPECT Codes of Conduct in everything you do.
On and off the field, I will:
- Show respect to others involved in the game including match officials, opposition players, coaches, managers, officials and spectators/fans
- Adhere to the laws and spirit of the game
- Promote Fair Play and high standards of behaviour
- Always respect the match official’s decision
- Never enter the field of play without the officials permission
- Never engage in public criticism of the match officials
- Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour
When working with players, I will:
- Place the well-being, safety and enjoyment of each player above everything, including winning
- Explain exactly what I expect of players and what they can expect from me
- Ensure all parents/guardians of all players under the age of 19 understand these expectations
- Never engage in or tolerate any form of bullying
- Develop mutual trust and respect with every player to build their self-esteem
- Encourage each player to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and performance
- Ensure all activities I organize are appropriate for the players’ ability level, age and maturity
- Co-operate fully with others in field hockey (e.g. officials, doctors, physios, athletic trainers, event hosts, staff) for each player’s best interests.
I understand that if I do not follow the Code, any/all of the following actions may be taken by my club, league, or Provincial Association:
- Required to meet with the club, league or provincial committee
- Monitored by another coach/official
- Required to attend an education course
- Suspended by the club from attending matches
- Suspended or sanctioned by the league or Provincial Association
- Required to leave the club.
- My Provincial Association membership may be withdrawn.
City Dispatch (field issues) 604-270-8721
Note: Parking lot off Gilbert (tennis courts) is currently closed and used as a COVID Assessment Testing Site.
Additional FREE parking is located off of Granville. Gateway Theatre (adjacent to Minoru AT2 field) is used for PICK UP and DROP OFF's only. Coaches, Officials and Safety Officers are permitted (pay parking in effect).
IMPORTANT: For the safety of our players, coaches, officials and the Richmond community, please follow safe distancing rules and policies related to COVID-19 Resources located under Club Resources and Forms tab.
RFHC MEDICAL FORM
ALL SPORT INSURANCE FORM
S350LS Pro Team Long Sleeves
F2500 ATC Everyday Fleece Hoodies
F2005 ATC Game Day Fleece Hoodies
Gildan 1820 Heavy Blend Sweatpants
RFHC Mask size
Field Hockey BC Policy Documents
FIH Rules of Hockey
FHBC Membership Rates/Dates
PO Box 26602, Blundell Centre
Richmond, BC V7C 5M9
General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org